Melbourne SEO Meetup 20 Things You Didn’t Know About LinkedIn
Date: Tuesday 1 March 2016 from 7:30pm
Organisation: Melbourne SEO Meetup
Session: Live Interactive Presentation 1 hour
Venue: Honey Bar 345 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205
Invitation from: Chris Burgess, Peter Mead, Saijo George
Introduction: Chris Burgess
Topic: “20 Things You Didn’t Know About LinkedIn”
Details Online: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-SEO/events/228673952/
Hand Out Details: See below
Audio Recording: (27.6MB, 01:00:10) http://sueellson.com/downloads/160301-melbourne-seo-meetup-linkedin-sue-ellson.m4a
(If you enjoy this presentation, you may also like to review the previous SEO Techniques for LinkedIn presentation held at the Melbourne SEO Meetup on Wednesday 4 June 2014 or SEO Techniques for LinkedIn at the Melbourne SEO Meetup on Tuesday 7 April 2015).
YouTube Video: 01:00:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLe6RQbIoqk
20 Things You Didn’t Know About LinkedIn
Sue Ellson – Independent LinkedIn Specialist and Author of ‘120 Ways To Achieve Your Purpose With LinkedIn – Tried and True Tips and Techniques’.
Sue Ellson has spoken at the Melbourne SEO Meetup before on SEO Techniques for LinkedIn – if you want to check out those presentations visit:
On Tuesday 23 February 2016, she launched her first book ‘120 Ways To Achieve Your Purpose With LinkedIn – Tried and True Tips and Techniques’ at Dymocks Book Store in Camberwell.
On Tuesday 2 March 2016, she will share ‘20 Things You Didn’t Know About LinkedIn’ that you can use to build a quality digital marketing and SEO presence for yourself or your clients.
Sue will share some of the lesser known features of LinkedIn including showcase pages, Pulse post strategies and ways to avoid competitor lurking via live demonstration.
Sue is also ready to answer any of your LinkedIn questions and will share a few of her best practice tips around SEO.
Sue Ellson joined LinkedIn on 21 December 2003 and is one of the first 100,000 members worldwide on the platform. She started consulting on the topic of LinkedIn in 2008 and her book combines eight years of consulting advice and research in 80,000 words.
Sue’s book will be available for purchase on the night for $29.99 (correct cash is easiest and a tax invoice receipt will be given). If you prefer, you can buy an electronic copy on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B01BTR8QBC or https://120ways.com/product/120-ways-to-achieve-your-purpose-with-linkedin/ for $9.99.
Sue is also hosting two LinkedIn Workshops in Canterbury for a maximum of five people – tickets $80 http://achieveyourpurposewithlinkedin.eventbrite.com.au
Melbourne SEO Meetup Tuesday 1 March 2016
Sue Ellson – Author – 120 Ways To Achieve Your Purpose With LinkedIn
au.linkedin.com/in/sueellson sueellson.com 120ways.com amazon.com/author/sueellson 80,000 words, 8 years consulting
LinkedIn – 400+ million members, 7+ million members Australia, Network, Publisher, B2B
Maintenance – Views per 90 Days, Save Profile to PDF, Export Connections (MS Outlook CSV) p34
Statistics – 100+ views/90 Days, 60+ Connections, 6+ Recommendations, 20+ votes per top skills p190
Essential Edits – Change Public Profile URL p46, Photo, Headline, Contact Details in Summary**
1. Optimise Name individual LinkedIn Profile in LinkedIn or Google p4
2. Optimise Primary Keywords Priority Order – Headline, Current Job Title, Past Job Title, Education, Summary, Experience p50
3. Optimise Post Content Google ‘professional membership LinkedIn’ – see stickiness, markup, links, calls to action, stats, questions answered from SERP, update, maximum once a month p59, 197
4. Link Juice follow (three in contact), no follow (in posts), text links appear on mobile devices p52
5. Stickiness Turn Off Viewers Of This Profile Also Viewed p48
6. Video Content Add rich media p61
7. Signals Connections, What you Like, Comment, Share, Followed Companies, Joined Groups p47
8. Business Branding Company Profile LinkedIn on Employee Profiles, LinkedIn URLs on website p123
9. Showcase Page From Company Page for Individual Products or Services Unique URL p123
10. Build Digital Asset Ask clients to follow Company, connect staff, sell as part of business p124
11. Branding Ask employees to share updates (Elevate), thank for comments, share p166, 202
12. Reputation Management Who can see your Connections? p167 WeChat p208
13. Network Management One source of truth – employment, business, social, auto reminders p169
14. Premium Only real value if you have completed the full profile p197
15. Apps linkedin.com/mobile – Moving to Messenger style, different to Desktop p203
16. Connectifier Previously acquired Pulse, SlideShare, Lynda – now Connectifier (Profiling) p40
17. Developers Integrate LinkedIn with your initiatives developer.linkedin.com p202
18. Engineering Data sets and open source projects engineering.linkedin.com p202
19. Social Selling Index business.linkedin.com/sales-solutions/social-selling/the-social-selling-index p204
20. Tools linkedin.com/profinder opportunity.linkedin.com nonprofits.linkedin.com p204
Text or email me +61 402 243 271 sueellson @ sueellson.com for Top 20 Tips and Techniques & Connect