University of South Australia Nifty Networking Through LinkedIn Workshop Live Streamed
Date: Tuesday 18 October 2016 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Organisation: University of South Australia – Career Services
Session: Powerpoint Interactive Presentation for 90 minutes – live streamed to campuses in Mount Gambier and Whyalla
Venue: HH5-08, Sir Hans Heysen Building, Level 5, Room 08, University of South Australia, City West Campus, 55 North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia
Invitation from: Matt Purdy
Introduction: Matt Purdy
Topic and Details Online: “Nifty Networking Through LinkedIn Workshop”
PowerPoint Slides: (1.56MB) http://sueellson.com/downloads/161018-university-of-south-australia-nifty-networking-through-linkedin-sue-ellson.pptx
Full Session Audio Recording: (38.5MB, 01:21:37) http://sueellson.com/downloads/161018-university-of-south-australia-nifty-networking-through-linkedin-sue-ellson.m4a
Nifty Networking through LinkedIn*
You may have thought of LinkedIn as a tool to secure a job, but have you thought about it as a tool to find opportunities, a mentor, a coach, a professional adviser, research colleague or a decision maker related to your purpose? Join us at this informative session where you will learn how to:
- Attract the best networking opportunities
- Source the best networking opportunities
- Utilise various tools within LinkedIn
- Approach people effectively
- Maintain your relationships over time
- Stand out amongst the competition
- Have your questions answered
Presented by Sue Ellson (LinkedIn Guru)
*Should you be unable to attend in person, please note that this session will be live streamed online at http://live.unisa.edu.au at the scheduled start of the event.
Message from Matt Purdy at UniSA 03/11/16
On behalf of the University of South Australia’s Career Services team, we would again like to thank Sue Ellson for presenting another excellent workshop on LinkedIn.
Career Services team provides a range of services to external employers, including the ability to promote opportunities and events to our students and graduates. We also facilitate unpaid student placements, giving students the opportunity to gain valuable experience in their chosen career. Should your organisation wish to avail themselves of any of our services, or are seeking to engage with our students in other ways, please do not hesitate to contact us on (08) 8302 7860, or via email at email@example.com.
We also support students from the University of South Australia, helping to provide them with the necessary tools and knowledge to enhance their employability. Further information is available at www.unisa.edu.au/careers, or students can make contact with us through Campus Central.
Personal Note from Matt Purdy: Thanks again for your excellent presentation. It’s always great working with you, and we continue to recommend you to everyone!
Personal Note from Demi Kastanos: Once again we appreciate your support with the LinkedIn presentation to our students yesterday and look forward to a continued relationship. Kind regards Demi Kastanos, Manager Career Services, The University of South Australia
Would you like a free* copy of the book ‘120 Ways to Achieve Your Purpose With LinkedIn’?
Sue Ellson has experience working with:
- Universities –University of South Australia, Monash University, University of Adelaide, Swinburne University, RMIT University
- Corporates – Ford Motor Company, General Motors Holden, Alcoa, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Associations – Australian Human Resources Institute, Career Development Association of Australia, Australian Institute of Management, Educate Plus, AFL Coaches and AFL Players Associations
- Outplacement Firms – Macfarlan Lane, EPR International, NetExpat, Dakin Mayers, Resources Global Professionals
- Conferences – Reinvent Your Career, HR in Focus, Educate Plus Biennial International Conference, Career Development Association of Australia National Conference
- Small Businesses – Accounting, Real Estate, Research Services, Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Management Consulting, Recruitment
More details online at http://www.sueellson.com/presentations
Sue also has written many articles – available at http://sueellson.com/publications
Sue Ellson welcomes enquiries about:
- individual LinkedIn consultations
- workshops, training or presentations on the topic of LinkedIn to small or large groups (in Melbourne, interstate or overseas)
- requests for written reviews of LinkedIn profiles
- consultancy services related to LinkedIn, social media, marketing, careers, business etc
sueellson @ sueellson.com or +61 402 243 271 or Skype by appointment (sueellson)