City of Boroondara Get Found on Google and LinkedIn
Date: Thursday 16 April 2015 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Organisation: City of Boroondara – Business Boroondara
Session: Powerpoint Interactive Presentation two hours
Venue: Blackwood Room, City of Boroondara Council Offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, 3124
Invitation from: Danika Benison
Introduction: Danika Benison
Topic: “Get Found on Google and LinkedIn”
Details Online: http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=117280
PowerPoint Slides: (5MB) https://sueellson.com/downloads/150416-city-of-boroondara-get-found-on-google-and-linkedin.pptx
Copy of Program: See below
Audio Recording: (58.2MB, 02:06:46) https://sueellson.com/downloads/150416-city-of-boroondara-get-found-on-google-and-linkedin.m4a
Get your business found on Google and LinkedIn without paying a fortune for Search Engine Optimisation
When: Thursday 16 April, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Where: Blackwood Room, City of Boroondara Council offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell 3124
Bookings are essential: www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/business/events
Google’s algorith has taken a strong shift towards local data. keeping your name and your business well known in the local area can be achieved by maximising your profiles on LinkedIn and Google+, not by paying a fortune for Search Engine Optimisation.
Your workshop host, Sue Ellson is well known in the local area, online and offline, thanks to her use of these two platforms. In this workshop you will learn:
• How to maximise your profiles with keywords and location data.
• How to help Google search results link to all of your online profiles.
• How to search and connect with other local businesses.
• How you can showcase your own websites via LinkedIn and Google+
• How you can track your analytics via one dashboard.
• How you can manage your connections on LinkedIn.
• Specific Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques you can apply to linkedIn and Google+
• Some other general techniques to maximise your online digital footprint and business brand profile.
This workshop is designed for:
• Small and medium sized business owners.
• People wanting to network effectively online and offline.
• Ideally you will already have a Google profile and will already have a LinkedIn profile.
• Business cards that you can share with other workshop attendees
Learned so much! Thank you. Practical, useful info and current!
Enjoyed Sue our presenter. Thank you! I’ll be back!
Love more of Sue’s presentations.
Awesome Sue!! Thanks.
Very interesting. A whole new IT world of networking.
What was of most benefit to you today? Practically everything.
Some great new ideas and concepts to test out. Than you Sue for time well spent.
What a great session! Thanks.
Too much content for the time available. Longer or perhaps multiple sessions.
Really enjoyed the session. Practical, easy to understand language.
Excellent work Sue! Very impressive!
I was struggling with basics so 30 minutes spent on introductions would be better on basics of LinkedIn and Google+. (note from Sue – this was done to aid networking and also provide more relevant examples during the presentation).
I came to your session last week run through Business Boroondara. I found it very interesting and I look forward to working on my LinkedIn profile and learning about this exciting networking world.
Thanks so much.
I really enjoyed your session last night.
Thank you so much You’re great!
I would LOVE to run another session. I have found out we can run it in the library meeting room – there is WIFI in there. Alternatively we can use a bigger space at Athelston – just up the road. I have been talking to them about using their space. They have wifi.
When were you thinking? How about August or September?
Good Afternoon Sue,
Thank you again for last night’s presentation which was a real eye opener about not only the capabilities of LinkedIn but also Google plus that I never would have found out about. In addition I was fortunate enough to meet with a new contact in my field of expertise which was an unepected added bonus to the evening.
Thank you once again for such a brilliant presentation.
I would like to thank you for the very informative session you presented last night on the topic of Google+ and LinkedIn. My only regret was that we didn’t have more time! Once again – A huge thank you for last night. I am keen to attend another of your sessions and to keep in touch in general.
many tks for your trg session last pm – it was really great! ps will check out your website to see what else you have planned kind rgds
Thanks so much for your training tonight at Boroondara Council.
Sherrie and I thought you were fabulous and we are now very inspired to take home what we learnt from you tonight and apply it in our business. A big step for me who doesn’t even have a linked in account or profile.
We would love you to consult with us on our social media side of things.
We will definitely be in touch in the next few months.
In the meantime if you are running any other business/social media type course, we would love to attend!
Thanks so much again!
Danie O’Connor & Sherrie Boulter
Thanks for the workshop at Boroondara tonight. Would love any comments on my linked in profile. Best wishes,
Hi Sue Thanks for a great evening!
Sue Ellson has experience working with:
- Universities – Monash University, University of Adelaide, Swinburne University, RMIT University
- Corporates – Ford Motor Company, General Motors Holden, Alcoa, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Associations – Australian Human Resources Institute, Career Development Association of Australia, Australian Institute of Management, Educate Plus, AFL Coaches and AFL Players Associations
- Outplacement Firms – Macfarlan Lane, EPR International, NetExpat, Dakin Mayers, Resources Global Professionals
- Conferences – Reinvent Your Career, HR in Focus, Educate Plus Biennial International Conference, Career Development Association of Australia National Conference
- Small Businesses – Accounting, Real Estate, Research Services, Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Management Consulting, Recruitment
More details online at http://www.sueellson.com/presentations
Sue also has written many articles – available at https://sueellson.com/publications
Sue Ellson welcomes enquiries about:
- individual LinkedIn consultations
- workshops, training or presentations on the topic of LinkedIn to small or large groups (in Melbourne, interstate or overseas)
- requests for written reviews of LinkedIn profiles
- consultancy services related to LinkedIn, social media, marketing, careers, business etc
sueellson @ sueellson.com or +61 402 243 271 or Skype by appointment (sueellson)
Submit your review